Thursday 29 November 2012

David Beckham not ruling out England move as he prepares for last game with LA Galaxy

David Beckham is not ruling out a move to a Premier League club as he considers the options ahead of his LA Galaxy exit.
The 37-year-old former Manchester United midfielder is set to bring the curtain down on his six-year stay in Major League Soccer as his team aim to defend their crown in the MLS Cup final.
And in the build-up to Saturday's showdown with Houston Dynamo, Beckham revealed his thoughts on his next move - on and off the pitch - in an exclusive interview with Chief Sky Sports News Reporter Bryan Swanson.
"I'm lucky. At the age of 37 I've been offered some quite exciting options and there are a few options on the table," said the ex-England star, who insisted last week he wanted to "experience one last challenge" before ending his playing career.
Beckham has been linked with a move to a number of clubs, with new QPR boss Harry Redknapp and PSG manager Carlo Ancelotti taking the time recently to hail the talents of the former Real Madrid player.
"I always said I'd struggle to come back and play in England because I've played for the biggest club in the world and biggest club in England - Manchester United," added the player who ended a 10-year spell at Old Trafford in 2003.
"So I couldn't see myself playing for any other Premier League club, but you never know. I've got options on the table.
"I do think I'll be spending more time in England though and it's good for our kids to see their grandparents.
"Over the last six years it's been difficult not seeing them as much as we'd like and they'd like, but we definitely won't be leaving LA for good."
Beckham refused to confirm whether QPR were one of the clubs being considered, but added: "What I am touched about is that I've got great managers - Harry and Ancelotti saying great things about me.
"Not saying they would like to sign me but saying nice things about me. It's nice to see them talking about me in such a nice way."
While his future direction remains uncertain, it may not be the end of his American adventure after telling Sky Sports News that he is close to owning a stake in a Major League Soccer team.
Beckham revealed he had been in talks with a franchise for the last six months and hoped to announce his stake in a club "soon".
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8293337/David-Beckham-is-not-ruling-out-England-move-as-he-prepares-for-his-last-game-with-LA-Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment